Monday, May 18, 2009

Nosebleeds....really??

So, since I am just starting to blog now, I am a good 16 weeks behind. A quick snapshot to get caught up....We are currently 16 weeks pregnant. That whole first trimester went zooming by. Although I really wasn't all that sick in the first 12 weeks, it is a great feeling to be beyond the mornings with saltine crackers and the afternoons/evening on the couch. Poor Shawn...I am not sure what he ate for dinner for all those weeks, but I had no interest in cooking. Somehow, he managed to survive...he is definitley a trooper and so supportive.

We go back to the doctor tomorrow morning for a check-up. Although I would love to have an ultrasound, I don't think we will get one this go round. Just a quick listen to the heartbeat, but if we do have an ultrasound, we might be able to find out the gender! So, my fingers are crossed.

In the grand scheme...pregnancy has been a breeze, but as if the weight gain, fatigue, and acne aren't enough...this week I have been a nosebleed machine. What is up with that? Your body does some very bizarre things. Fortunately, as stated in the bible of baby (What to Expect When You Are Expecting), nosebleeds are quite normal and frequent during the second trimester. Yahoo!

Thank you to you all for your prayers, excitement, and support! November 3 will be here before we know it.....

1 comment: