Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Love Taps

As a first time mother, each day brings something new to think about, wait for, and sometimes worry about. If anyone else is like me, they can relate to the fears and worries of pregnancy. Regardless of ultrasounds and strong heartbeats, there is still something very surreal about the presence of another human inside of you. In reading about pregnancy and talking with other people, it seems pretty common to wait for that first flutter of activity and movement to truly confirm the fact that there is life in there.

The real trick is determining what is and is not the long sought after flutter of the baby's first movement. Although the baby has been moving, flipping and squirming for weeks now his bones have not been strong enough to make an impact that is strong enough to be felt....UNTIL TODAY. I had a slight feeling over the weekend that I wondered about, but this morning I felt it for sure. It is still very slight and actually a touch bizarre, but feels like a soft steady pulse. It happened about 7 times in a steady rhythm and then disappeared. It is a wonderful feeling and I will wait patiently for the next one.

3 comments:

  1. So exciting! I can't wait to see you in July and (hopefully) feel a love tap myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flutters and kicks! Even though Hudson kicked and moved like crazy, I didn't really believe there was a baby in there until I held him for the first time!!

    ReplyDelete