Wednesday, May 27, 2009

May 27

Today, Shawn and I are celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary. It is hard to believe that just three short years ago, we said our vows and entered into this wild thing called marriage. We have truly had so much fun (except for the broken leg and surgery part just 4 months after we were married)...let me just say I didn't realize I would learn so much about " in sickness and in health" in those first four months. Although I knew a lot about Shawnie Boy at that point...we took our relationship to a WHOLE new level that day in the hospital and the many weeks on the road to recovery after that...what an experience that was. But nonetheless, we have truly been blessed with a wonderful relationship, good health, and the best family and friends anyone could ever imagine. If a trip in the ambulance with a broken leg is the worst...I'd say we are doing pretty good. Now today, we are both looking to the future. We have always enjoyed our time together just the two of us, but there is just something so complete about adding a baby into your life. We look forward becoming a family.

"Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me." Ruth 1: 16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment